Sunday, November 4, 2012

Motivation.

Hello everyone!
I'm here sitting in Starbucks sipping on a peppermint mocha because I could not motivate myself to do homework.
Motivation is a weird thing.
I often feel so motivated to expand my mind and create, and then I am told to complete an assignment for school and I always wait until last minute.
Two weeks ago, I was given back my rough draft for my AP English Junior research paper.
And now, it's due tomorrow.
I have waited until absolute last minute to work on it, and I have no idea why.
I made sure to make my paper on a topic that I thoroughly enjoy--Space Exploration--so I wouldn't wait so last minute.
I tried working at home, at the library, and now here.
I spent so long thinking that I was the only one who was having a tough time revising my paper, but thanks to a Facebook support group for my page, I've realized I'm not alone.
Everyone is having a hard time, and most of us waited until last minute.
I'm not an awful writer and I shouldn't be so hard on myself, and neither should you.
This post may seem a little pointless right now, but I really want anyone who is reading this to take a long look at yourself.
Do you feel good about yourself? Do you like what you're doing with your life? Do you wait until last minute to do things?
If you don't, and you procrastinate as much as I do, just know that you're not alone and that you're awesome.
You just need to find the way to motivate yourself.
I have finally realized that I find most of my motivation in writing it out, like on here, or telling myself that I can do well.
Maybe for you it's baking some cupcakes, or putting on a new dress.
It's different for everyone, so don't be afraid to try different things out. Just remember that you're wonderful and not being motivated is not your fault.
Stay lovely.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment